Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Three Stars


This is my favorite of the reviews Mjoseth mentioned. The product is a 7-inch knife for $39.99.

Look Closely At The Blade, November 17, 2005
Since all the santoku knives I've seen lately have the scalloped recessions, which helps keep food from sticking to the blade, I automatically assumed this one had them. But you REALLY need to look at the larger photo. You'll find that this knife lacks them. I only looked at the thumbnail and feel more the fool now.

I gave it a three because it feels good in my hand and was nice and sharp out of the box. But food definitely sticks to its sides.

Now I don't know that the scalloped recessions actually work as well as many claim, but I'd have liked to find out. I still have to hold certain foods to make sure they stay on the chopping board and don't come up/back with the knife. If they do work, I'd have really liked to have them.

It's a nice knife overall, but caveat emptor. Look closely at the photos to make sure you're getting what you expect.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home