Friday, February 24, 2006

Match.com


Had an interesting conversation with a girl last night that is considering match.com as a desperate effort to find a mate. Personally, I have always been opposed to these sites, and thought there could be nothing more pathetic than responding to "how did you two meet?" with "match.com." However, I think the oddity of that response is slowly going to diminish as the popularity of these sites increases. I understand how difficult it is to find counterparts in the professional world. You either have to meet someone at work, or be bold enough to make a potentially humiliating approach at a bar, gym, store, etc. Also, these services are no longer just utilized by disgusting people in newspaper personal ads. The comfort with participating in a “fringe” service (e.g. Just Lunch, Speed Dating) is growing, and will soon enter the mainstream. Although I mentioned all this to my friend, my stance remains the following. These services are weird.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home