Dear McCaskey Family-
Please stop dissolving the 2006 Super Bowl Bears. We had that defense locked in through 2008, but now Lance Briggs is demanding a trade. Our defensive coaching staff produced league-leading results, but now Rivera is gone. No other job, just gone. I’ve heard through the rumor mill that this was because linebacker coach, Bob Babich, was one of Lovie’s boys and promised the job in three years when hired. Sweet politics. So, the icing on the cake? Thomas Jones traded to the Jets for a second round pick. What the flip? The team is projected to be almost $19M under the cap, and has little room for improvement. I honestly would’ve been cool if you said, “we did nothing, drafted no one, spent the off-season in Tahiti.” The team is solid. Sure, I’d prefer Peyton to Rexy, but that’s just not in the cards. My advice: pick up offensive linemen and a punter in the draft. Done. But of course, that all changes if you keep trading superstars for air.Think Hendry ’04, and make a run. The NFC will be just as terrible next year.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home