
Despite a 1.7% chance, the Bulls have the number one pick in the 2008 NBA Draft. I've waited for this moment since our 1999 selection of Elton Brand. It should be a phenomenal celebration. However, here's my suggestion: trade the pick. Beasley is lazy, and we don't need Rose to be our fourth guard. These players could be extremely valuable to another team, and we should trade it away for a proven superstar. Mabye package up some of the 8 decent players we have to get a big-time forward or center. Garnett need another move? Is their room for Yao and Fukudome in the same city? Dwight Howard, Stoudemire, or Dirk frustrated with their situations? If we must keep the pick, my choice would be hometown Rose, but then still trade Heinrich, Hughes, Sefolosha and Gooden for one of the big dawgs above. I definitely like this lineup: Rose, Gordon, Deng, Thomas, and Nowitzki.
1 Comments:
Derrick Rose. OK, fine. Clearly a hometown choice to put fans in the seats. Can I blame them? No, but I won't celebrate the decision either. There would've been uproar if Chicago traded the number one pick, and the organization will certainly sell more season ticket packages with this choice. Is Beasley better? Probably, but I still don't trust his commitment to a team or game. Was Rose the second best player in the draft? Probably, but there is little separation from Mayo and others. So, whatever. I remain the same Bulls fan I was last year. Hopefully the team can make some moves to shape this squad out, or develop a style to win games with a four-guard offense.
Post a Comment
<< Home