Saturday, October 15, 2005

Happy Anniversary


It's a fitting time for my virgin post, since today marks the 2 year anniversary of my virgin trip to oktoberfest. I had plenty of time to reminisce on this experience over the last 3 days while slaving in studio- knitting artsy berets, throwing pottery and doing other rubbish.
Unless you are in a really cool frat, oktoberfest is probably the best party you can go to, so you should probably go. see above, image from the paulaner tent.



It is important to note the star of this party, Austrian and cancer survivor Gerry 'DJ Otzi' Friedle. He may dress like a total prick, but he is also a musical genius. This is the man who brought us the Summer of '69, Burger Dance, and the Oktoberfest standard, Hey Baby. If you don't know this song, kill yourself.
Fortunately, I will be returning to Munich for Oktoberfest 2006, during my 3 months stay in deutschland for the world cup and dj Otzi national german tour. I hope you will join me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home