Thursday, June 15, 2006

Proud to be an American

After Adidas launched a huge “the world no longer looks forward to playing you” campaign about US Soccer, the team proved them completely wrong. The Czech Republic will certainly look forward to playing the US for the next half century following Monday’s humiliation. Yes, the US can still emerge from the group, but it won’t be easy. They would have to beat a dominant Italian side and shatter one of the best African teams. Two tasks that at this point seem unthinkable. Sorry Adidas.

1 Comments:

At 11:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am less angry that they played like our JV team at NT (the 1999 edition) and lost horribly than I am about the public squabbling that followed. Bruce Arena has completely lost control of the organization. Watch out for Eddie Johnson to take an effective dive in the box on Saturday to draw the PK. US 1 Italy nil. I'll be watching.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home