Planes, Trains, and Automobiles
I was up in Nantucket last weekend rubbing elbows with the too rich and minimally famous. The island is absolutely beautiful, and I think they screen visitors to ensure only beautiful people inhabit the place. However, getting to this place from my apartment in Morristown, NJ required a nine-hour, train, car, and boat excursion. The island is no more than 200 miles as the crow flies, but the lack of transportation in this country created a major inconvenience. This got me wondering, has there been any advancement in transportation in the last fifty years? In 1956, your travel options were train, plane, automobile, or boat. Nothing has been added. In addition, the speed, comfort, and convenience have altered only slightly. How in the time we’ve added PCs, the Internet, video conferencing, cell phones, and plasma HDTVs has there been so little progress in travel? An individual has probably quadrupled their productivity with the new technology, but still can’t get to London any faster. Please get cracking Boeing.

1 Comments:
Well said Sarah. Well said. You could be the replacement for Drew I've always been looking for.
Post a Comment
<< Home