The Art of the Cover Band
Literally 12 hours after I bought my six tickets for the 200-level of Toby Keith, I was standing front row for The Screaming Nudes at Morristown’s Grasshopper. The night was electric with this cover band rocking everything from Journey to Justin. Drinking, dancing, singing, and bringing sexy back to a wide variety of songs and artists made me think of the brilliant cover band concept. These are talented artists who love to play, but just don’t have the time or desire for commitment to the pursuit of independent fame. The audience has a blast because the shows are typically free and informal; they can stand front row; and they know all the tunes. In this case, we stood inches from the band, and were encouraged to come on stage and dance. At least until the back up singing ferry was intimidated and requested “no more sausage on the stage.” Check out their picture page to see my mug taking over the show. It was simply good times, but more importantly a phenomenal phenomenon. Definitely one thing Jersey does right. From The Nerds to The Screaming Nudes, this state knows how to cover.

1 Comments:
Thank you Clarke. That was very nice. I'm glad you had a good time and I'm sorry we had to kick you off the stage!
Post a Comment
<< Home