Monday, July 02, 2007

Welcome Back Danny

It's been awhile since my last (and first) post. I hardly have any excuse for this. I wanted to get involved with Clarke's blog because I thought it would be fun, did one post, and then found fun elsewhere. Sorry about that. Anyway, I'm now unemployed and doing nothing for the rest of the summer, so expect at least a couple more posts from me before I lose interest and/ or go to law school at the end of August. Hopefully I'll get really into this and today will be the beginning of a frequent and consistent blogging career.

Anyway, I'm recently back from my first backpacking trip to Europe. Had a great time, feeling very cultured. Right now I'm enjoying some of that culture with a bottle of wine I brought back from Florence. I'm unemployed and it's late afternoon on a sunny day. Don't judge me just because I'm drinking alone. Here's a few of my thoughts on the journey.

1. I never passed by a single gym on the entire continent. Go figure the fact that the only sport they beat us at consistently is the one that the US has absolutely no interest in.

2. No matter where I went, a farewell David Beckham tribute was playing. I don't think we have an equivalent here in the US. The closest I can come up with is Jeter in NY and Tom Brady in New England, but nothing on a national scale. It should have been this way with Jordan but his wife wasn't famous (and we actually liked him for athletic ability instead of looks). Additionally comical was in the Duty Free shop at the airport a lady tried to spray me with the "new David Beckham" cologne. This reminded me of the fact that Britney Spears and J.Lo have scents and immediately increased my respect for soccer.

3. I kept traveling around Europe, and nowhere had sliced bread. I kept wondering how they finish the sentence "this is the best thing since..." Finally, I got to Dublin as the last stop. Here I found sliced bread but no sliced cheese. This cracked me up.

Since my return, I went to my first bachelor party, finished the Sopranos (loved the end), caught up on Entourage (never thought I would say this, but I think I need some actual plot and/ or character development from them; hopefully this is my problem and not the show), and started on HBO's new show John From Cincinatti. I like it, but critics are pretty down on it. It's about a surfing family that gets visited by some weirdo who might be an angel or alien. Either way, paranormal things are happening and its having some interesting effects, both on family dynamics and the community. Check it out if only to see what Al Bundy, the hooker from Risky Business, and the bald gay guy from Sex in the City look like today.

Hope everyone's having a good day. So far I watched tv, went swimming outside, and wrote this. Unemployment is amazing when its duration is definitely temporary.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home