Socks and Cubs
What is with socks and the washing machine? I know this is a joke that Jerry Seinfeld used in "I'm telling you for the last time," but it is no joke in my life. I just finished two loads of laundry to find five socks without mates. Yes, five. That is so unfathomable I don't even know what to write about it. I took these five socks and compared them to the other four long-time loners collected from previous washings. Zero matches. Here's an idea: someone start a website where everyone can donate their lost socks. You put them in pairs and donate to the homeless, sell on Ebay, or return to one of the donors. It's a stretch, but we need a solution to this maddening phenomenon.
On a significant note, the Cubs acquired Cliff Floyd today making the cross in our off-season moves from "just enough" to "alright, alright" in my book. I still think we need drastic improvements to the rotation before I'll give a "now we're talking" or "The Year of The Cub" rating. Good work Hendry. Keep rolling.

2 Comments:
very true...i will definitely join the collective sock-match-com group as i have a permanent basket with the "looking for lost mate loners." but before tossing the orphan sock in my basket i always check the dryer, shake out all other dried items, especially sheets where socks will cuddle into corners of a fitted bottom sheet, and finally examine underwear for hidden socks.
Great advice mother. I'll check my underwear and fitted bottom sheets straight away.
Post a Comment
<< Home